Settling in Program
As with all our programs, our Welcome & Settling in package includes a comprehensive orientation into life in South Africa.
However, with this package we’ll take it a step further and help you with the admin work that drives most of us insane – and can be a particular nightmare for foreigners working in a second language.
We’ll make sure you have all the documentation you need in place, and that you meet the legal and statutory requirements for setting up:
- Bank Accounts
- Under South African law, employers must pay an employee’s salary into a bank account registered in the employee’s own name.
- Post Office Box
- Ensure your post is delivered safely, and that you don’t have to change postal addresses even if your place of residence changes.
- Telephone, Cellphone & Internet Connections
- With a multitude of competing suppliers, we’ll help you track down the most cost-effective pricing, so that you can easily keep in contact with your family and friends here and back home.
- Satellite Television
- With strict laws governing the high ratio of locally-produced content on local television and radio stations, many expats may feel more comfortable with channels like Discovery, BBC Entertainment, BBC Knowledge, Fox, Sky News, BBC News and the like, available through our local satellite provider, DStv.
We can assist you with all your settling in requirements:
- Furniture rentals at competitive prices
- Temporary accommodation arrangements
- Vehicle purchasing or rentals
- Insurance, short and long term, as well as medical insurance or medical aid as it’s known in South Africa
- Purchasing furniture and equipment for your home, including linens, décor elements, televisions, computers, kitchen appliances and more
- Identifying suitable childrens’ activities in your area, as well as sporting and leisure activities you can participate in
- Registering with a General Practitioner in your area, as well as any other medical practitioners you may need to access, including orthodontists
- Sourcing trustworthy and reliable domestic assistance, such as cleaners, child care, gardeners and even a handyman to take care of your home improvement needs.